Looking for your dream property? We are always on hand to take the pressure off and make the process as simple as possible.
We are always on hand to take the pressure off and make the process as simple as possible. We aim to help you throughout the conveyancing process, through your home buying journey from booking a viewing to advising and negotiating the sales process.
Our helpful steps will assist you in making the purchase of your new home:
- Work out what you can comfortably afford.
- Aim to get a mortgage or decision in principal before booking in viewings so that you know the price bracket to concentrate on.
- Find the ideal property by searching our website. It is always worth looking at numerous properties so that you can decide what your priority criteria is. It might be location, number of bedrooms, size of garden or anything that is important to your individual circumstances.
- Form a shortlist and contact us to arrange viewings of the properties that are suitable to you.
- Spend your time wisely at the viewing and look at each room twice. Try to imagine how you might live in the house, how you might arrange furniture and how the space might be best used to suit your needs. If you particularly like a property, perhaps arrange a second viewing to confirm your thoughts before making an offer.
- Contact us with your offer by telephone, email or letter. One of our members of staff will contact the vendor to advise them of the offer and will come back to you with a decision as soon as possible. Please bear in mind, that it is also a big decision for the vendor, so please be patient if they take a day or two to make a decision.
- If your offer is successful, then we will prepare a memorandum of sale to circulate to all parties together with their solicitors. You should choose your conveyancing solicitor wisely; if you require assistance then please ask and we can make recommendations.
- We will liaise with all parties throughout the conveyancing process to ensure that the procedure moves as smoothly as possible and to try to assist in dealing with problems and queries to prevent delays.
- In most cases you will exchange contracts to make the sale binding and there will be a period (perhaps 7 – 14 days, but each case is different) before the completion date to allow you to make firm moving arrangements. We are happy to recommend removal companies if you require assistance.
- If you have packed up in an organised way with labelled boxes the moving day itself needn’t be unduly stressful. Unpack your essentials first which should include the kettle, tea bags and a packet of your favourite biscuits; you will have earned them!