We pride ourselves in supporting the rural and agricultural community across South Wales. Since 2012, we have developed a proven relationship with a wide network of farmers and land owners, offering opportunities and solutions to all land matters. With a wealth of experience within the rural surveying industry, our team will be able to offer accountable advice when it is needed most.
We also offer the following related services:-
- Rural property and land agency.
- Valuation services.
- Landlord and tenant matters.
- Compensation claims.
- Digital mapping.
- Rural planning and diversification.
- Renewable energy opportunities.
- Telecommunications – including rent reviews and lease renewals.
- Compulsory purchase advice.
- Easements, wayleaves and utility claims.
Land and Farm Agency
With over 100 years combined experience, Harris & Birt specialises in the sale of a comprehensive range of rural property. Our dedicated Farms and Land Agency team have experience in all types of rural property. From commercial farms, smallholdings and estates; to paddocks, equestrian properties and development land. Our experience within the industry ensures that our clients achieve the best advice and outcome possible.
Why Sell with Us?
- Extensive database of buyers and contacts for full marketing campaigns and off market sales.
- Your property will feature on the leading property portals including Rightmove, UK Land & Farms, Zoopla, Boomin and our own website.
- Advertisements in local, regional and national press.
- High quality sales brochures with professional photography and detailed digital plans/maps.
- A bespoke fully budgeted marketing campaign to suit your property.
- In-house equestrian, country house, new homes and development agents to advise on all aspects of your property.
- Experienced land managers, letting agents and planning experts to provide pre and after sale service.
- Our agents are RICS accredited.
Our highly experienced professional services team can advise on a wide range of property matters to both private and public sector clients across all areas of land and property.
All of our experienced valuers are qualified Chartered Surveyors accredited by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) as Registered Valuers. Our expertise enables us to be instructed by a Single Joint Expert or a Party Appointed Expert to provide advice to a Court of Tribunal.
We provide professional valuations of all kinds of property for all purposes.
Property types include:
- Farms, land and buildings.
- Rural estates, equestrian and country houses.
- Residential property.
- Commercial and industrial premises.
- Investment property portfolios.
Our valuation professionals can provide advice on:
- Tax and estate planning.
- Probate (Inheritance Tax).
- Capital Gains Tax.
- Dispute resolution.
- Secured bank lending.
- Self Invested Personal Pension (SIPP) investments.
- Compensation and compulsory purchase.
- Market Appraisal and strategy.
All of our valuations comply with the following legislation and professional standards:
- RICS Valuation Standards 2020 (the Red Book) and Practice Statements.
- International Property Reporting Standards (IPRS).
- Inheritance Tax Act 1984.
- Taxation of Chargeable Gains Act 1982.
- Civil Procedure Rules.
- RICS Practice Statement: Surveyors acting as expert witnesses.
- Charities Act 2011 and Qualified Surveyor Regulations 1990.
- RICS Code of Measuring Practice.
Wayleaves, Easements and Compulsory Purchase
Whilst many service providers benefit from legal rights of access onto private land, they are required to compensate the landowner or tenant and are required to pay an agent to act on their behalf. Harris & Birt regularly negotiate with statutory undertakers for the installation, repair, replacement and maintenance of pipelines, cables and fixtures. All providers are obliged to pay compensation and disturbance in accordance with the relevant legislation.
We deal with:
- Telecommunication companies.
- Welsh Water.
- Western Power.
- Wales & West Utilities.
- Highways Agency.
- Network Rail.
- National Resources Wales.
- Local Authorities.
- Oil Companies.
Whether you need to negotiate rent, damage compensation, acquisition of land we have the experience to ensure you receive a maximum pay out at no cost to you.
Renewable energy is fast becoming a lucrative opportunity for landowners. We are leading specialists offering advice on all aspects of renewable energy opportunities. We have been successful in advising landowners enabling development of over 76mw of renewable energy generation across South Wales.
We consider it is important to present a client with more than one choice of Developer to undertake the renewables project, to ensure that the parties can trust each other and work towards a mutually beneficial goal. Landowners should factor not just the short term income benefits, but what implications a scheme may have on Inheritance Tax Planning and Capital Gains Tax.
If you are exploring renewable energy development and would like more information, please contact a member of our team.